Why You Need to Attend the OMCA Marketplace!
OMCA Marketplace – A Great Investment in Your Business’ Success
We already know that the OMCA Marketplace has great events, amazing food, and an intimate “family” feeling. And while all that’s great, we also know that what really matters is the business you do there, the return that you can generate on your investment in time and money.
So OMCA recently asked the University of Guelph’s Business School Tourism and Hospitality Department to survey Marketplace participants to measure the economic value of attending, to put some hard numbers around the ROI of participating in marketplace, and this is what they found:
- Over 5 million in business was booked on the marketplace floor, an average of $16,800 per participant.
- Another 14 million in post-show bookings, an average of $41,700 per participant.
- As a result of the show suppliers booked some 6,000 tours, an average of 17 per participant
- On average suppliers walked away from the show with 17 solid leads.
For Tour Operators:
- Tour operators reported meeting an average of 23 new suppliers;
- They booked business with 10 of these,
- And generated on average 7 new business ideas as a result of attending.
- They also reported that as a result of attending they felt strongly that they received better rates, and better service, from the suppliers that they formed a relationship with through Marketplace.
So the question isn’t whether can you afford attend OMCA’s marketplace, the question is, can you afford not to?